Our membership criteria
Join Us as a Member Organization
The ISC welcomes new Member Organizations.
If this is something you are considering, please click on one of the following links:
1. Our membership criteria
To be eligible for membership, an organization must:
1) Be an organization whose stated purposes includes a spiritual dimension.
2) Be an organization whose operation is open and fiscally transparent.
3) Be an organization as defined in the by-laws of the InterSpiritual Centre of Vancouver Society, which embraces and supports the purposes, values and goals of the Society.
4) Positively value the presence of core truth within the varying religious and spiritual traditions.
5) Not engage in proselytizing, which is here defined as seeking to persuade members to leave one faith or spiritual group in favour of another.
6)¬†Not malign, denigrate or speak negatively of another spiritual tradition or religious community or its practitioners or beliefs or practices.
In evaluating an organization for membership, the InterSpirtual Centre of Vancouver Society board shall base its judgment only on the practices of the organization itself and not on those of other organizations associated with it or higher and broader levels of hierarchy with which it is associated.